Life Changes!

Alright, so I know I promised an update after my Cleveland Clinic visit, but if I’m being totally honest, nothing really changed. I don’t want to get into that right now because it’s kind of long and I’m still kind of sorting through everything with that. I’m sure that post will come eventually, but there’s other stuff on my mind.



Lots of things going on lately, like a little road trip with the parents to visit my brothers and go to a concert as a family.


Like for instance, that my life has changed completely because I got a full-time job! Surprise!

I haven’t mentioned anything about this job in the past few posts, since it was a little bit of a whirlwind, I wasn’t totally sure what my job was actually going to entail, and I just didn’t want to say anything until everything was all set and done.

Well, I had my first day three weeks ago, so things are quite set! I’m about 99% sure I can say where I work, but just to be safe for now, I’m just going to keep it basic with the fact that I work for an insurance company. I’ll call it “The Company” for now. I’m an operations associate, so I deal with policies that come in. It’s full-time, post-grad, and I’m working with a pretty fantastic group of people. It’s a little overwhelming right now, as it’s totally different than anything I’ve done before, but I love it so far.



A full-time job means coffee for me, and of course I managed to find a Starbucks right down the road from work!


This job happened a lot faster than I expected, honestly. It took a long time for me to get anywhere with jobs since graduating, which did end up being a blessing with my surgery. But it started to get pretty frustrating this spring.

Then, lo and behold, I get an email from The Company a week before my surgery, inviting me to go through the next step in their application process. They had me do some testing online, which I had to pass to be considered for a job. I did pass, and they scheduled a phone interview for that upcoming Monday, the day before my surgery. I’d never done a phone interview before, but I survived and had surgery Tuesday. They said it would take a week or so to hear back, so I pretty much pushed it out of my mind.

Wednesday, I got a phone call inviting me for a full interview the next week on Thursday.

I went to the interview, in my suit and knee brace, while on crutches. That was an event, to say the least. I thought it went well, and they told me I’d hear within a week. I talked about it with my mom that night, and went over things I thought I could’ve done better. We agreed everything was in the past, and that the waiting period was the worst part of job hunting.

Waiting didn’t last long though, as I got a phone call the next afternoon and was offered the job!



I love how pretty my workplace is. When the weather is nice, spending my lunch hour outside is the best!


Everything went really fast, but I was glad for that. By the time I started work, my knee was doing pretty well, and I only needed my mom to drive me to work for the first few days.

I really do love my new job, and The Company is a great place to work. Everyone is super friendly, benefits are good, and I feel like the training I’m getting is really thorough. I start full on training in two weeks, which will change my schedule and probably be a little overwhelming. I’m definitely up for the challenge, and ready to learn!

Well, that’s about it for now! As I progress through physical therapy and surgery recovery, I’ll be writing again to let y’all know how things are going. As usual, thanks for reading, and thanks for joining me on my adventures!

Featured Image Credit:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s